Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Gear Sort

And so the gear sort commences. How many times can you pack and unpack all the gear for a big wall climb. The trick to go as light as you can however there really is no going light if you are doing the route over a few days and need to take everything you will need along with you.

Today was like christmas at REI as I had to get new gloves, some additional Nutrinos, got a new .75 camalot, new #3 camalot as well as the small size Metolious master cam (grey) so sweet! Not to mention a new small pulley, two pairs of socks (every other pair I own has holes in them) and some assorted food stuff.

And so the packing and unpacking continues. The nice part is I have a poor soul who I have never met who agreed to meet me on top to help carry all my shit down so I can pretty much take as much as I want. Now I can take the luxury Black Diamond portaledge instead of the old Gramici lightweight ledge and fly that you can basically see through, I can take extra underwear and of course plenty of batterise for the Big Wall Boom Box.

Now it's down to doing the food shop (probably Tuesday before I drive up) and going through the gear 5 or 6 more times to try and cut out anything I don't need and take only what I will need.

The question is can I get someone to help me carry everything to the base... that would be too sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment