Sunday, June 21, 2015

Patience greasshopper

As I went online this am I was amazed at all of the climbers already en route to K2 from all reaches of the globe. Some are already half way in to base camp, some are on connecting flights from Islamabad to Skardu or waiting and praying for this flight to not be delayed due to weather. Some are packing and starting their trek today... and there are many still waiting to embark. As I sit here at home enjoying my father's day watching my boys gear up to go surfing I can't help but feel antsy to get this journey started and yet I still have two days until departure. But those two days will provide rest, relaxation, sleep, food, time with family and final preparation time all of which will be hard or impossible to come by starting very soon. I must remember to be patient, to be humble, to be thankful for all that I have and all that is coming... patience grasshopper

No comments:

Post a Comment