Saturday, April 23, 2011

Reflections of El Cap



Have you ever been in a place and been completely humbled by the sheer raw beauty and magic of your natural surroundings... For me Yosemite’s El Capitan is that place. No other natural feature has made me stand in fear, awe and amazement like this granite monolith. I will never forget my first time standing at the base and touching this stone... my knees buckled and I could taste the flem of fear in my mouth because I knew that eventually one day I would have to at least attempt to climb it. Now after a 20 love affair with this incredible stone it still draws me more than ever, filling me with an ever growing sense of fear, wonder and amazement... I can barely contain my excitement each time I begin planning another ascent..........


No comments:

Post a Comment